Sunday 25 September 2011

"I stand by what I said ... "
Mail's Peter Hitchens


Peter Hitchens has a final word for Boston Borough Council leader Peter Bedford in his column in today’s Mail on Sunday.
He writes:
“My article last week on mass immigration in the lovely old town of Boston in Lincolnshire was denounced as ‘insulting’ and ‘inaccurate’ by the town’s council leader, Peter Bedford.
“I hadn’t, as it happened, criticised either him or his council and I stand by every word in the article.
“Mr Bedford has made a great palaver of ‘inviting’ me to revisit Boston, as if he in some way owned it or controlled access to it. He doesn’t. I’ll come and go as I please, thanks.
“But perhaps the people of Boston - several of whom have contacted me to endorse what I wrote - might ask whether Mr Bedford and his officials have better and more urgent things to do than issue silly public denunciations of truthful articles.”
There’s nothing we could add!

You can write to us at boston.eye@googlemail.com   Your e-mails will be treated in confidence and published anonymously if requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment